Appropriate attire is required around the Club grounds and within the Clubhouse at all times. The dress code is designed to maintain an atmosphere consistent with the tradition of Golden Valley. Please use discretion and common sense. Members are responsible for their attire and that of their families and guests. Members are encouraged to use good judgment in their casual dress.
CLUBHOUSE DRESS CODE
- Swimming attire, pool shoes, T-shirts, hooded sweatshirts, gym shorts, running shorts, tank tops, halter tops, mesh shirts, cutoff shorts, short-shorts and other dress of similar nature should not be worn in the clubhouse.
- Dress denim is permitted in the clubhouse.
- Shorts and skirts should be mid-thigh length.
- Baseball caps, golf caps, visors, and tennis warm up clothes should be worn only in the locker rooms, the Baltusrol Lounge and Newport Lounge.
- Men should wear shirts with collars, turtlenecks or mock turtle necks.
- Women may wear sleeveless shirts.
- Compliance with this dress code is appreciated.
GOLF COURSE DRESS CODE
The Golf Shop staff has been instructed to enforce the dress code very closely. Members should be aware of the golf course dress code on the golf course, driving range and other practice facilities. The dress code applies to guests, so please be sure that your guests are informed of the dress code.
- All shoes worn on the golf course must be spikeless and appropriate for golf.
- No denim of any color is permitted.
- No tank tops, short shorts, tennis shorts, running shorts, athletic shorts or cutoffs.
- Men should wear shirts with collars, turtle necks or mock turtle necks.
- Women may wear sleeveless shirts with collars.
- Shorts, skorts and skirts should be fingertip length or longer.
- No sweat pants, warm-up pants, yoga pants (unless worn under another piece of clothing), baggy style cargo shorts or shorts with holes in them.
- Hats must be worn with bill facing forward.
- Some clothing sold in the golf shop is not permitted on the golf course.
Members or guests will not be allowed on the course, driving range and practice facilities without the proper clothing. Please use good discretion and common sense when choosing attire to be worn at the club.